*******ALL OUR ROUTINE GP APPOINTMENTS ARE TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS YOUR DOCTOR WILL ADVISE YOU IF YOU HAVE TO COME TO THE PRACTICE FOR REVIEW******
We have appointments that are available to book in advance with all of our clinical staff. Appointments can usually be booked up to 6 weeks in advance.
If you think that your problem / query could be dealt with over the phone, you will be able to request a telephone consultation
Early morning / Saturday appointments
On a Wednesday and Thursday AM we now have appointments available from 07.30. Once a month we will also offer saturday AM appointments.
On the day appointments
We have increased the number of appointments that are available as bookable 'on the day'. your problem does not have to be urgent to book into one of these appointments and they are available both AM and PM. It is advisable to phone as soon as you anticipate that you may need to see a doctor.
We will have a few reseved appointments for genuine emergencies that the doctors can use at their discretion, these are not available for reception staff to book and are very limited.
How To Get The Most Out Of Your Appointment With The Doctor
When coming to see the doctor or nurse at the practice, please bear the following in mind:
- each appointment lasts 15 minutes. If you have several problems which you would like to discuss with the doctor, you may be asked to come back another time. This is to enable the doctor to deal with each problem thoroughly. It is sometimes helpful for you and the doctor if you make a list beforehand of the issues you would like to discuss.
- please try to arrive for your appointment on time. If you are going to be late, let us know. If you are very late, the doctor may not be able to see you (usually after 10 mins) - this applies to all appoitments not just GP appointments.
- please remember to check in by using our self check in screen at the front desk or by alterting the reception staff that you are here so that your clinican is alerted that you have arrived.
- if more than one family member has a problem which requires to be seen please make an appointment for each family member.
- if you are unable to make it to your appointment, please let us know as we will be able to use your appointment for someone else.
- please don't worry if it is an embarrassing problem as most of the time we will have seen it before.
Treatment and Care Review
You may be invited to attend the surgery for a Treatment and Care review with our practice nurse.
Attending for this review will help the practice to ensure you are receiving the best care possible, if you are asked to attend for one of these reviews please make an appointment at a time that suits you with the practice nurse.